Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bread Pudding














OK, so who doesn't have day old bread, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla In their kitchen. Bread pudding Is one of my favorites and this recipe Is so simple and really tasty....Enjoy


INGREDIENTS
6 slices day-old bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.

Sauce
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 TB milk
1/8 Vanilla

I heat the sauce under low heat and 5 minutes before the bread pudding Is to come out of the oven I pour It over the top and return to the oven for remainder of baking time.

Have a super Thursday,
Kathi

10 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Bread pudding is my absolute favorite! This recipe sounds delicious...

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

Deeelicious!!! It's true -we do have the ingredients for it. I make mine with lightly toasted sliced bread -what kind of bread do you use? I never made a sauce to put on top and I can't wait to try!
~Nancy

The Green Pea said...

Oh! I have not had bread pudding in a long time. I am going to try this recipe, it looks delicious! ( I shouldn't really eat it but I think I will). Sandi

Shopgirl said...

Looks so good, I have never made Bread Pudding. It should be fun.
Yummmmm, Mary

Joyce said...

My son is coming for a visit and he loves BP so I will use your recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Bread pudding is my absolute favorite...I just looked up a recipe on the internet this week so I could make it but this looks delicious. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I believe I have everything in my kitchen to make this. Looks yummy can't wait ot taste.
Thanks for sharing!

Hugs'
Melissa

Tiedupmemories said...

Ohh yummy! One of my favorites too!
Hugs~
Tracy

gail said...

Hi Kathi,, thanks for stopping by my blog. It is always great to hear from you. I love wearing my ring! I get so many compliments on it. This recipe looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing. :)
Have a pretty day... hugs, gail

The Jeweled Postcard said...

Oh I missed this post somehow! I can't wait to make it! YUMO! Isn't that what Rachel says, lol!

candy xo